RJC World

Reaching Japanese for Christ (RJC) is a network of loving Christians, primarily in Norh America, who are helping Japanese who are here temporarily.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Many Opportunities and Needs

I guess I call the cup half empty half the time and half full the other half.
The great opportunities for Japanese to hear about Jesus while here in North America has a reverse side that says there is a great need for many to tell about Jesus.

On Friday my wife and I attended a discussion in Los Angeles with leaders who are working to tell Japanese about Jesus in the Southern California area. Here are some things that stand out in my mind three days later.
1. We decided to plan for a one-day RJC (Reaching Japanese for Christ) conference in the LA area on January 27th. We pray that it will help to bring many people together to learn from one another.

2. At the meeting we met Akiko from Pasadena. She is heading up a fantastic outreach there, called Rice of Life. It is the only program that is seeking to target the Japanese international students there. She shares that 18 came to Christ this last year!

3. I was given a study workbook in English called "A Study of the Four Gospels." It has a unique format in that there are 300 multiple-choice questions. It looks like a good tool for Japanese who like to study. If you are interested, please e-mail me and I will tell you who to contact. don_wright@mac.com.

4. Now back in Seattle, today we got an email from Gordon Kaneda about an exciting meeting they have planned.
Ms. Haruko Morimoto is coming to town for a special meeting on September 23rd. She is an amazing woman who has pastored the homeless in Tokyo for 34 years. Her brave, fearless preaching smothered with love has brought countless Japanese to Christ. Now she will be in Seattle to help reach people here. Interested? Let me know at don_wright@mac.com.

Whether the RJC ministry is half-full or half-empty it certainly is exciting to share the Living Water!

Don Wright

2 Comments:

Blogger Davidthird said...

Don, I'm glad to have found your blog. I've been considering missions in Japan for the past few months, and since I live in the LA area, I'm very interesting in a conference in LA. Could you set me up with information about it? Thank you,

David Dilworth

5:46 PM  
Blogger Don Wright said...

David,
Great to hear from you. Please send me your email address and I will be able to connect you. don_wright@comcast.net

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home